- of, at, or forming the base.
- forming a basis; fundamental; basic.
- indicating a standard low level of activity of an organism, as during total rest.
- of an amount required to maintain this level.
- Medicine/Medical. serving to induce a preliminary or light anesthesia prior to total anesthetization.
Origin of basal
Examples from the Web for basal
Historical Examples of basal
Furthermore, morphology is in reality a basal consideration.College Teaching
Synthlipsis: the basal constriction of the notocephalon in Notonectids.
Terminal: situated at the tip or extremity; opposed to basal.
This letter stated with full sincerity Lincoln's basal principle.The Negro and the Nation
George S. Merriam
The basal for the rate of interest is the benefit or the advantage of the loan to the borrower.Usury
- at, of, or constituting a base
- of or constituting a foundation or basis; fundamental; essential
- Of, relating to, located at, or forming a base, usually of an organ or a tooth.
- Of, relating to, of situated at the lowest level, as of an organ.