- a tiny, molelike patch worn, usually on the face, as to set off the fairness of the skin.
- a mole or other dark mark on the skin.
- a place of exceptional scenic or architectural beauty: Montserrat is the beauty spot of the islands.
Origin of beauty spot
Related Words for beauty spotfreckle, blister, blemish, lump, acne, blot, bruise, wart, blotch, smudge, imperfection, pimple, snag, stigma, stain, scar, discoloration, birthmark, nevus, abscess
Examples from the Web for beauty spot
Historical Examples of beauty spot
One of these terraces, Monte Allegro, is the beauty-spot of Valparaiso.Los Gringos
H. A. (Henry Agustus) Wise
We asked the name of some beauty-spot to visit, and were told Cintra and shown the road to it.Greenmantle
This palace of art, and the Albert monument in the park opposite, make the beauty-spot of London.Travels in South Kensington
Moncure Daniel Conway
Many eulogistic statements have been made concerning this beauty-spot, but none have overpraised it.The Motor Routes of England
The heavy eyebrows were a blemish indeed, but like a beauty-spot emphasized the melting eyes and the peachy skin.The Art of Disappearing
John Talbot Smith
- a place of outstanding beauty
- a small dark-coloured patch or spot worn on a lady's face as an adornment or as a foil to her complexion
- a mole or other similar natural mark on the skin