- brutish or beastly character or behavior; beastliness.
- indulgence in beastlike appetites, instincts, impulses, etc.
- an instance of bestial character or behavior.
- sexual relations between a person and an animal; sodomy.
Origin of bestiality
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for bestiality
Bestiality of life was once common enough to attract no attention.The Meaning of Evolution
Samuel Christian Schmucker
Bestiality; fifteen years penal servitude; conspiracy by servant girl, he says.The Criminal
They are as deep as Bestiality, cunning and strong, cowering in the shadow of the sacred wood.King of Camargue
Bestiality is not rare in women who are also subject to this filthy, obnoxious and degenerative practice.The Sexual Question
- bestial behaviour, character, or action
- sexual activity between a person and an animal
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for bestiality
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- The quality or condition of being an animal or like an animal.
- Conduct or an action marked by depravity or brutality.
- Sexual relations between a human and an animal.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.