- divided into or consisting of two parts.
- Law. being in two corresponding parts: a bipartite contract.
- shared by two; joint: a bipartite pact; bipartite rule.
- Botany. divided into two parts nearly to the base, as a leaf.
Origin of bipartite
Examples from the Web for bipartition
Historical Examples of bipartition
An odd number cannot be divided by two, and therefore it sets a limit to bipartition.
Nevertheless the bipartition of the stars into two such distinct classes must be considered as vague and doubtful.Lectures on Stellar Statistics
Carl Vilhelm Ludvig Charlier
An even number can be divided by two and therefore it does not set a limit to bipartition.
- consisting of or having two parts
- affecting or made by two parties; bilaterala bipartite agreement
- botany (esp of some leaves) divided into two parts almost to the base
- Consisting of two parts or divisions.