- of both sexes.
- combining male and female organs in one individual; hermaphroditic.
- noting or relating to a person who is romantically or sexually attracted to both men and women, or to people of various gender identities; ambisexual.
- Biology. an animal or plant that has the reproductive organs of both sexes.
- a person who is romantically or sexually attracted to both men and women, or to people of various gender identities; ambisexual.
Origin of bisexual
Examples from the Web for bisexuality
Bisexuality is one of his tools, but the show stops just short of saying that it is part of his identity.
According to this false theory, bisexuality is nothing more than a phase.
People who are putting their face out there and declaring their bisexuality are helping demystify it.Anna Paquin’s Bisexuality for Dummies
August 5, 2014
Ditto his claim of bisexuality which takes on new meaning and possibilities given the equipment.This Man Claims to Have Two Penises, Science Confirms It’s Possible
January 3, 2014
There was his teenage electroshock therapy, for one thing (it failed to cure his bisexuality—go figure).American Poet: Remembering Lou Reed
October 28, 2013
If, however, the king of countries and Ishtar be taken to be two different deities (as is possible), there is no bisexuality.Introduction to the History of Religions
Crawford Howell Toy
- sexually attracted by both men and women
- showing characteristics of both sexesa bisexual personality
- (of some plants and animals) having both male and female reproductive organs
- of or relating to both sexes
- a bisexual organism; a hermaphrodite
- a bisexual person
Word Origin and History for bisexuality
1824, "having both sexes in one being, hermaphroditic," from bi- + sexual. Meaning "attracted to both sexes" is from 1914; the noun in this sense is attested from 1922. Not in general use until 1950s. Noun is recorded from 1922. Ambisexual was suggested 1924 in this sense but never caught on.
- Relating to both sexes.
- Having both male and female reproductive organs; hermaphroditic.
- Relating to or having a sexual orientation to persons of either sex.
- A bisexual organism; a hermaphrodite.
- A bisexual person.
Sexual activity with, or sexual attraction to, members of both sexes.