- of both sexes.
- combining male and female organs in one individual; hermaphroditic.
- noting or relating to a person who is romantically or sexually attracted to both men and women, or to people of various gender identities; ambisexual.
- Biology. an animal or plant that has the reproductive organs of both sexes.
- a person who is romantically or sexually attracted to both men and women, or to people of various gender identities; ambisexual.
Origin of bisexual
Examples from the Web for bisexual
The new Secret Six continues that tradition establishing Catman as bisexual.
Why is it important to have a bisexual character in a comic book?
It is true that gay and bisexual men are far more likely to transmit HIV than other population groups.The Outrageous Celibacy Requirement for Gay Blood Donors
November 22, 2014
Bisexual people, too, tend to be particularly closeted both at home and in the office.Now Is the Time to Come Out
October 11, 2014
A new study shows that 47 percent of gay or bisexual men have never discussed their orientation with their doctor.Doctors Are Failing Their Gay Patients
September 27, 2014
The fourth glume is coriaceous, lanceolate, bisexual or female.
The fourth glume is coriaceous, with a bisexual or female flower.
Naiadace—Aquatic herbs with inconspicuous, unisexual or bisexual flowers.
The flowers of this order are bisexual, with six stamens and a six-parted perianth.
Liliace—Herbs with narrow leaves and showy, bisexual flowers.
- sexually attracted by both men and women
- showing characteristics of both sexesa bisexual personality
- (of some plants and animals) having both male and female reproductive organs
- of or relating to both sexes
- a bisexual organism; a hermaphrodite
- a bisexual person
Word Origin and History for bisexual
1824, "having both sexes in one being, hermaphroditic," from bi- + sexual. Meaning "attracted to both sexes" is from 1914; the noun in this sense is attested from 1922. Not in general use until 1950s. Noun is recorded from 1922. Ambisexual was suggested 1924 in this sense but never caught on.
- Relating to both sexes.
- Having both male and female reproductive organs; hermaphroditic.
- Relating to or having a sexual orientation to persons of either sex.
- A bisexual organism; a hermaphrodite.
- A bisexual person.