- a register or directory of socially prominent persons.
- any register or directory, as of major companies or officials.
- a blank book used in taking college examinations, usually with a blue cover.
- a British parliamentary or other publication bound in a blue cover.
- (initial capital letters) Trademark. a reference manual listing the current market value of used cars by model and year of manufacture.
- a similar manual listing the market value of other items, appliances, etc.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- (in Britain) a government publication bound in a stiff blue paper cover: usually the report of a royal commission or a committee
- informal, mainly US a register of well-known people
- (in Canada) an annual statement of government accounts
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012