- the procedure of improving the performance of an engine by dismantling and then rebuilding the reciprocating parts so that they meet exact tolerances.
Origin of blueprinting
- to make a blueprint of or for.
Origin of blueprint
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Related Words for blueprintingplanning, design, architecture, metallurgy, tailor, organize, determine, prepare, schedule, provide, promote, manage, negotiate, construct, resolve, decide, draft, establish, plot, form
- Also called: cyanotype a photographic print of plans, technical drawings, etc, consisting of white lines on a blue background
- an original plan or prototype that influences subsequent design or practicethe Montessori method was the blueprint for education in the 1940s
- (tr) to make a blueprint of (a plan)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for blueprinting
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper