- Also bob·tailed. having a bobtail.
- cut short; docked; cropped.
- shorter or briefer than usual; abbreviated: Several legislative items must be dropped from the current bobtail session of Congress.
Origin of bobtail
Examples from the Web for bobtail
Historical Examples of bobtail
But Bobtail did not laugh, for Monkey was a friend, and a brother, in the generic sense.
He asked a thousand questions which Bobtail could not answer, and a thousand more which he did answer.
Then Bobtail said he had a letter for you, and I told him to put it on your desk.
Bobtail did not like to say anything about the boxes before the other gentleman; so he did not allude to them.
"I don't run away from anything of this sort," replied Bobtail, proudly.
- a docked or diminutive tail
- an animal with such a tail
- having the tail cut short
- to dock the tail of
- to cut short; curtail