[bom-bey; French bawn-bey]

adjective Furniture.

curving or swelling outward.

Also bombed.
Compare swell front.

Origin of bombé

1900–05; < French: literally, rounded like a bomb (bombe bomb + adj. suffix < Latin -ātus -ate1) Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019

British Dictionary definitions for bombé



(of furniture) having a projecting swollen shape

Word Origin for bombé

French, literally: bomb-shaped, from bombe bomb



Also called: bombe glacée a dessert of ice cream lined or filled with custard, cake crumbs, etc
a mould shaped like a bomb in which this dessert is made

Word Origin for bombe

C19: from French, literally: bomb; from its rounded shape
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012