- Also called favorite . a link to a website address saved electronically in a browser to facilitate quick access to the web page.
- an electronic pointer created in a computer file to facilitate quick access to a specific part of the text.
verb (used with object)
THIS PSAT VOCABULARY QUIZ IS PERFECT PRACTICE FOR THE REAL TEST
Example sentences from the Web for bookmark
On bookmarks and voter-instruction sheets, Spanish-speaking voters were told Election Day was Nov. 8—instead of Nov. 6.Latinos, Progressives Suspicious About How Arizona Conducted Election|Terry Greene Sterling|November 21, 2012|DAILY BEAST
The previous two London Olympics—1908 and 1948—are bookmarks in the rise and fall of the British Empire.
Many important deliberations take place about mats, pin-cushions, and bookmarks.
British Dictionary definitions for bookmark
- an address for a website stored on a computer so that the user can easily return to the site
- an identifier placed in a document so that part of the document can be accessed easily
- to identify and store (a website) so that one can return to it easily
- to place a bookmark in (a document)