- Also called favorite. a link to a website address saved electronically in a browser to facilitate quick access to the web page.
- an electronic pointer created in a computer file to facilitate quick access to a specific part of the text.
verb (used with object)
Examples from the Web for bookmarks
On bookmarks and voter-instruction sheets, Spanish-speaking voters were told Election Day was Nov. 8—instead of Nov. 6.Latinos, Progressives Suspicious About How Arizona Conducted Election|Terry Greene Sterling|November 21, 2012|DAILY BEAST
The previous two London Olympics—1908 and 1948—are bookmarks in the rise and fall of the British Empire.
Many important deliberations take place about mats, pin-cushions, and bookmarks.
British Dictionary definitions for bookmarks
- an address for a website stored on a computer so that the user can easily return to the site
- an identifier placed in a document so that part of the document can be accessed easily
- to identify and store (a website) so that one can return to it easily
- to place a bookmark in (a document)