- a slab of wood on which dough is kneaded and bread is sliced.
- Electronics. a circuit assembled on an insulating surface, often with solderless contacts, in which components can easily be replaced for circuit alteration and experimentation.
- Electronics. to construct (an experimental circuit) for the purpose of feasibility tests.
Origin of breadboard
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for breadboard
Contemporary Examples of breadboard
Breadboard is one of the super essential parts of making anything electronic, so can we make that part of the nail aesthetic?Nail Polish Is the Next Wearable Tech
June 4, 2014
Historical Examples of breadboard
- a wooden board on which dough is kneaded or bread is sliced
- an experimental arrangement of electronic circuits giving access to components so that modifications can be carried out easily
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012