- a construction made of whatever materials are at hand; something created from a variety of available things.
- (in literature) a piece created from diverse resources.
- (in art) a piece of makeshift handiwork.
- the use of multiple, diverse research methods.
Origin of bricolage
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the jumbled effect produced by the close proximity of buildings from different periods and in different architectural styles
- the deliberate creation of such an effect in certain modern developmentsthe post-modernist bricolage of the new shopping centre
French: odd jobs, do-it-yourself