- Sir James,1803–68, British soldier and adventurer: rajah of Sarawak.
- Rupert,1887–1915, English poet.
Examples from the Web for brooke
Contemporary Examples of brooke
For years, Brooke even had trouble finding a publisher for his memoir, which was ultimately accepted by Rutgers University Press.
But the real mystery and injustice came from Brooke being essentially written out of the history of the civil rights movement.
But Brooke was out of step with the New Left and its notion of radical chic.
The two once lived together under the same roof, after Brooke asked Fenner to live with them.
He never suffered any physical abuse and had grown close with Jane, Brooke, and her family.
Historical Examples of brooke
Will you trust me with this letter, and will you let me show it to Sir Brooke?Sir Brook Fossbrooke, Volume II.
Charles James Lever
The operations are admirably described in Mr Brooke's journal.
These important circumstances were borne in mind by Mr Brooke.
Mr Brooke felt that it would not, and resolved to stand by the governor.
While these works were in progress, I accompanied Mr. Brooke up the river.The Expedition to Borneo of H.M.S. Dido
- Alan FrancisSee Alanbrooke
- Sir James . 1803–68, British soldier; first rajah of Sarawak (1841–63)
- Rupert (Chawner). 1887–1915, British lyric poet, noted for his idealistic war poetry, which made him a national hero
fem. proper name, rare in U.S. before 1965, popular 1980s, 1990s.