- a place where relief pitchers warm up during a game.
- the relief pitchers on a team.
- a large cell or room, usually next to the courtroom, where prisoners are temporarily held.
- a large room in an office occupied by many employees.
- any temporary or crowded quarters, as sleeping quarters in a lumber camp.
- a pen for a bull or bulls.
Origin of bull pen
Examples from the Web for bull pen
Historical Examples of bull pen
Jack was still excluded from the favorite game of “bull-pen.”The Hoosier School-boy
I stuck her over there in the bull-pen and then I come straight to you.Local Color
Irvin S. Cobb
Into this bull-pen, as it was called, Black ushered Carney by the light of a candle.Bulldog Carney
W. A. Fraser
So I said, “Lodgers are often forced into the bull-pen, too, are they not?”Broke
Edwin A. Brown
Behind this stand the bull-pen, and the profits and rentals go to the Church.Woman, Church & State
Matilda Joslyn Gage