- a person who lives in the bush or woods.
- a person who lives by robbing travelers and isolated homesteads in the bush.
- a person who drives a hard, and sometimes dishonest, bargain.
Origin of bushranger
Examples from the Web for bushranger
Historical Examples of bushranger
The other bushranger had disappeared through the other door.
The bushranger looked over his shoulder with a bitter smile.
The bushranger Stingaree has been traced to Government House.
The man might have been a bushranger, but he did not appear to be at all afraid of us.Twice Lost
The bushranger made a good deal of exciting history in Australia.Peeps At Many Lands: Australia
- Australian history an escaped convict or robber living in the bush
- US a person who lives away from civilization; backwoodsman