- a region in S Italy. 2,048,901. 5828 sq. mi. (15,100 sq. km). Capital: Reggio Calabria.
- an ancient district at the extreme SE part of the Italian peninsula.
Examples from the Web for calabrian
Contemporary Examples of calabrian
It calls for Calabrian oregano on the branch, which if you can get from your local Italian food store, is always worth the effort.5 Recipes from a New York Restaurant Juggernaut
November 17, 2009
Historical Examples of calabrian
Take it from me, it was a put-up job by that Calabrian woman.
The Calabrian raised what she considered her most deadly weapon, her lorgnette.
He was a Calabrian, and as early as 1552 was professor of medicine at Perugia.A Budget of Paradoxes, Volume I (of II)
Augustus De Morgan
Derossi embraced the Calabrian, saying in his clear voice, “Welcome!”
The boy who sent the postage-stamp to the Calabrian is the one who pleases me best of all.
- of or relating to Calabria or its inhabitants
- a native or inhabitant of Calabria
- a region of SW Italy: mostly mountainous and subject to earthquakes. Chief town: Reggio di Calabria. Pop: 2 007 392 (2003 est). Area: 15 080 sq km (5822 sq miles)
- an ancient region of extreme SE Italy (3rd century bc to about 668 ad); now part of Apulia