- a native or inhabitant of Caledonia.
- of or relating to Caledonia.
Origin of Caledonian
Examples from the Web for caledonian
Contemporary Examples of caledonian
This was not quite how things appeared to the Caledonian chieftain Calgacus before he fought the invading Roman army in AD 83.War! What Is It Good For? A Lot
August 13, 2014
Historical Examples of caledonian
There is a glorious simplicity in his views on Caledonian ethnology.Literary Tours in The Highlands and Islands of Scotland
Daniel Turner Holmes
But Robin had become suddenly and maddeningly Caledonian again.The Right Stuff
Their very mountains seem Caledonian, with a kinder climate.St. Ronan's Well
Sir Walter Scott
Once also he advised me to buy Caledonian Deferred, since they were due to rise.The Good Soldier
Ford Madox Ford
I could have told this discontented Caledonian a different story.A Journal of a Young Man of Massachusetts, 2nd ed.
- of or relating to Scotland
- of or denoting a period of mountain building in NW Europe in the Palaeozoic era
- literary a native or inhabitant of Scotland