- the hair of the camel, used especially for cloth, painters' brushes, and Oriental rugs.
- a soft cloth made of this hair, or of a substitute, usually yellowish tan to yellowish brown in color.
- made of camel's hair.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the hair of the camel or dromedary, used in clothing, rugs, etc
- soft cloth made of or containing this hair or a substitute, usually tan in colour
- (as modifier)a camelhair coat
- the hair of the squirrel's tail, used for paintbrushes
- (as modifier)a camelhair brush
- See camel hair
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012