- allegiance to or pride in Canada and its institutions.
- a custom, trait, or thing distinctive of Canada or its citizens.
- an English word, idiom, phrase, or pronunciation that originated or is distinctively used in Canada.
Origin of Canadianism
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the Canadian national character or spirit
- loyalty to Canada, its political independence, culture, etc
- a linguistic usage, custom, or other feature peculiar to or characteristic of Canada, its people, or their culture
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper