- the quality of being capable; capacity; ability: His capability was unquestionable.
- the ability to undergo or be affected by a given treatment or action: the capability of glass in resisting heat.
- Usually capabilities. qualities, abilities, features, etc., that can be used or developed; potential: Though dilapidated, the house has great capabilities.
Origin of capability
Related Words for capabilitywherewithal, capacity, power, facility, means, proficiency, efficiency, potential, skill, effectiveness, competence, potency, art, potentiality, efficacy, adequacy, qualification, craft, aptitude, faculty
Examples from the Web for capability
Contemporary Examples of capability
Should capability delivery experience additional changes, this estimate will be revised appropriately.Pentagon Misfires in Stealth Jet Scandal
January 8, 2015
As for the search, which will soon resume, Soelisto confessed that “the capability of our equipment is not optimum.”Did Bad Weather Bring Down AirAsia 8501?
December 29, 2014
Nor are there any current plans to add that capability to the F-35.Newest U.S. Stealth Fighter ‘10 Years Behind’ Older Jets
December 26, 2014
As Kurdish leaders acknowledge, liberating Mosul is beyond the capability of the peshmerga and government forces will be needed.Iraqi Kurds Get Their Groove Back, End Siege of Mount Sinjar
December 20, 2014
SWU defines the capability derived from the number of uranium-enriching centrifuges and their efficiency.Iran Supreme Leader Spills the Nuke Talk Secrets
July 12, 2014
Historical Examples of capability
They do not change the nature of truth and her capability and destiny to benefit mankind.The Grand Old Man
Richard B. Cook
Also, at that time, he idolized his brother and believed in his shrewdness and capability.Cap'n Warren's Wards
Joseph C. Lincoln
It was astonishing, his capacity for sleep and his capability in sleeping up to capacity.Galusha the Magnificent
Joseph C. Lincoln
My capability for affection has no bearing on the present question.The Crooked House
Her pride and capability of seeing where resistance was useless had the inconvenience.Romola
- the quality of being capable; ability
- the quality of being susceptible to the use or treatment indicatedthe capability of a metal to be fused
- (usually plural) a characteristic that may be developed; potential aptitude