- a half turn executed by a horse and rider.
- Rare. a winding staircase.
- to execute caracoles; wheel.
Origin of caracole
Related Words for caracolegambol, romp, caper, play, rollick, dance, roughhouse, revel, frisk, sport, caracole, horseplay
Examples from the Web for caracole
Historical Examples of caracole
The horse of one of these cavaliers made a caracole which brought it nearly upon Alain as he was about to cross.The Parisians, Complete
When she found herself alone, she let her pony prance and caracole under a great pear-tree, and inwardly chafed against Anton.Debit and Credit
- dressage a half turn to the right or left
- a spiral staircase
- dressage to execute a half turn to the right or left