- intended for or available to customers who bring in appliances to the seller or a repair store for repair or servicing: carry-in service; a carry-in store for personal computers.
- North Central U.S. of, relating to, or for a social gathering at which guests are to bring their own food: A carry-in dinner will precede the lecture.
- an appliance or machine, as a television set or a personal computer, portable enough to be taken to a store for repair.
- Also called carry-in dinner, carry-in supper. North Central U.S. a carry-in meal; potluck dinner.
Origin of carry-in
adj. or noun use of verb phrase carry in
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- of or relating to a type of after-sales service in which the customer must take the product to the service provider for repaircarry-in warranty
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012