- the wheel of a cart.
- an acrobatic feat in which a person starts from a standing position, with arms extended, and wheels the body sideways, landing first on the hands and then on the feet and usually repeating this in a series.
- Slang. any large coin, especially a U.S. silver dollar.
- Slang. an amphetamine tablet.
- to roll forward end over end: The skier took a sudden spill and cartwheeled down the slope.
Origin of cartwheel
Examples from the Web for cartwheel
Historical Examples of cartwheel
Say, you haven't got a cartwheel instead of this wrapping paper, have you?Free Air
Here has been Cartwheel, your sweetheart; what will become of him?The Recruiting Officer
He gave a shriek and dodged back, and a cartwheel shaved him narrowly.The War of the Worlds
H. G. Wells
I managed to inject some into the discussion and it was like grease to a cartwheel.From the Bottom Up
Serious accident; a cartwheel passes over The Widow's child.
- the wheel of a cart, usually having wooden spokes and metal tyres
- an acrobatic movement in which the body makes a sideways revolution supported on the hands with arms and legs outstretched
- US slang a large coin, esp the silver dollar