- candela; candelas.
- Also cd. cord; cords.
- cash discount.
- certificate of deposit.
- Civil Defense.
- civil disobedience.
- Congressional District.
Related Words for cdmoney, financing, investment, business, cash, album, disk, cassette, tape, CD, LP, wherewithal, substance, fortune, wealth, gold, means, funds, stake, kitty
Examples from the Web for cd
Contemporary Examples of cd
CD Global Strategies reported earning $30,000 for the Burkina Faso work and $100,000 for assisting Togo.An African Dictatorship’s Friend in D.C.
Center for Public Integrity
November 20, 2014
This cd be the kind of thing where somebody has to resign [and] take the rap.How the Reagan White House Bungled Its Response to Iran-Contra Revelations
November 3, 2014
And the private “chapel” reportedly gives its newlyweds a conservative Christian CD with hetero-reinforcing marriage sermons.Refusing to Marry Same-Sex Couples Isn’t Religious Freedom, It’s Just Discrimination
October 23, 2014
I own a CD, have heard it, and have read the libretto three or four times.Rudy Giuliani: Why I Protested ‘The Death of Klinghoffer’
October 20, 2014
At the wake, Maria parked the wheelchair next to the coffin, the CD player in the seat as if he were ready to roll.How Brooklyn’s First Ice Cream Girl Fought City Hall–and Won
October 13, 2014
Historical Examples of cd
The layers of liquid in contact with ab and cd adhere to them.
Begin by laying down, in pairs, ab and cd perpendicular to the body.Philippine Mats
Hugo H. Miller
AB will represent the utility of the first unit; CD of the hundredth.Essentials of Economic Theory
John Bates Clark
The upper portion of this curve, CD, can be followed downwards to a temperature of 22.7.The Phase Rule and Its Applications
America wd be as happy as the Sabine Girls, if she cd be the means of uniting in perpetual peace her father and her husband.Benjamin Franklin; Self-Revealed, Volume I (of 2)
Wiliam Cabell Bruce
- cash discount
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- (in Britain) command (paper)
- compact disc
- Civil Defence (Corps)
- Corps Diplomatique (Diplomatic Corps)
- Conference on Disarmament: a United Nations standing conference, held in Geneva, to negotiate a global ban on chemical weapons
- (in the US and Canada) certificate of depositAlso: C.D.
- carried down
1979 as an abbreviation of compact disc as a system of information storage.
- The symbol for the elementcadmium
- The symbol for cadmium.
- A rare, soft, bluish-white metallic element that occurs mainly in zinc, copper, and lead ores. Cadmium is plated onto other metals and alloys to prevent corrosion, and it is used in rechargeable batteries and in nuclear control rods as a neutron absorber. Atomic number 48; atomic weight 112.41; melting point 320.9°C; boiling point 765°C; specific gravity 8.65; valence 2. See Periodic Table.