noun, plural mon·eys, mon·ies.
Words nearby money
Idioms for money
- having a great deal of money; affluent: You can see he's in the money by all those clothes he buys.
- first, second, or third place in a contest, especially a horse or dog race.
- at just the exact spot or time; on target: The space shuttle landed on the money at 9:55 a.m.
- exhibiting or done with great accuracy or expertise: His weather forecasts are always on the money.
Origin of money
OTHER WORDS FROM moneymon·ey·less, adjectivenon·mon·ey, adjective
Examples from the Web for money
I suspect [Teresa] will get money sent in to her, so she can shop at the commissary.
If nobody on the outside will send Teresa money, should she learn a prison hustle?
She vowed to repay the money—no official word, however, on whether she ever did that.
But locals there say any money deposited is thrown into an unlocked cupboard behind the tellers, hardly inspiring confidence.
If Huckabee runs, the hurdles he faced the last time out, namely geography and money, would still be there.
Sometimes the victim and the victimizer meet, the money demanded is paid over, and there the matter ends.
A committee was also appointed to bring in an estimate of money necessary to be raised.The Colonization of North America|Herbert Eugene Bolton
I think you will never get any more of your money back at all.'The Orange Girl|Walter Besant
He had supposed that a rich man's son, because he was a rich man's son, always had all the money he wanted.'As Gold in the Furnace'|John E. Copus
(Kirkwood set his mouth savagely) Calendar should have a run for his money!The Black Bag|Louis Joseph Vance
British Dictionary definitions for money
Other words from moneyRelated adjective: pecuniary
Word Origin for money
Idioms and Phrases with money
In addition to the idioms beginning with money
- money burns a hole in one's pocket
- money is no object
- money talks
- money to burn
- coin money
- color of one's money
- easy money
- even money
- fool and his money are soon parted
- for one's money
- funny money
- get one's money's worth
- hush money
- in the money
- made of money
- not for love or money
- on the money
- pay your money and take your choice
- pin money
- pocket money
- put money on
- put one's money where one's mouth is
- rolling in it (money)
- run for one's money
- throw good money after bad
- time is money