- pertaining to or characterized by cellules or cells, especially minute compartments or cavities.
- of or relating to cellular phones.
Origin of cellular
- of, relating to, resembling, or composed of a cell or cells
- having cells or small cavities; porous
- divided into a network of cells
- textiles woven with an open texturea cellular blanket
- designed for or involving cellular radio
1753, with reference to cellular tissue, from Modern Latin cellularis "of little cells," from cellula "little cell," diminutive of cella (see cell). Of mobile phone systems (in which the area served is divided into "cells" of a few square miles served by transmitters), 1977. Related: Cellularity.
- The state of a tissue or other mass with regard to the degree, quality, or condition of cells present in it.
- Of, relating to, or resembling a cell.
- Consisting of, composed of, or containing a cell or cells.