- a monetary unit of Italy until the euro was adopted, the 100th part of a lira.
- a cupronickel coin of Uruguay, the 100th part of a peso.
- a copper coin of Panama, the 100th part of a balboa.
Origin of centesimo
Examples from the Web for centesimo
Historical Examples of centesimo
I will give two sous for the original four, and not a centesimo more.Saunterings
Charles Dudley Warner
I shall rot in hell before ever I put one centesimo into your filthy claws!The Wolf Cub
He never spends a soldo, I am positive; and if he drops a centesimo under the benches, he is capable of hunting for it for a week.Cuore (Heart)
Edmondo De Amicis
- a former monetary unit of Italy, San Marino, and the Vatican City worth one hundredth of a lira
Word Origin for centesimo
- a monetary unit of Panama and Uruguay. It is worth one hundredth of their respective standard units