- Astronomy. a northern circumpolar constellation between Cassiopeia and Draco.
- Also Kepheus. Classical Mythology. an Ethiopian king, the husband of Cassiopeia and father of Andromeda.
Examples from the Web for cephei
Historical Examples of cephei
Alfirk (al-ferk´), or Alphirk, "stars of the flock," β Cephei.A Field Book of the Stars
William Tyler Olcott
The star β Cephei has recently been discovered to be a spectroscopic binary with the wonderfully short period of 4h 34m 11s.Astronomical Curiosities
J. Ellard Gore
The pole star lies nearly in a line joining the brighter stars α Cephei and α Cygni.To Mars via The Moon
If you have a good field-glass, try its powers upon the star Delta (δ) Cephei.Astronomy with an Opera-glass
Garrett Putman Serviss
- a faint constellation in the N hemisphere near Cassiopeia and the Pole StarSee also Cepheid variable
Word Origin for Cepheus
- Greek myth a king of Ethiopia, father of Andromeda and husband of Cassiopeia
- A constellation in the Northern Hemisphere near Cassiopeia and Draco.