- Astronomy. a northern circumpolar constellation between Cassiopeia and Draco.
- Also Kepheus. Classical Mythology. an Ethiopian king, the husband of Cassiopeia and father of Andromeda.
Examples from the Web for cepheus
Historical Examples of cepheus
There are a good many stars common to the Lesser Bear and to Cepheus.Ten Books on Architecture
And when they died, the ancients say, Athené took them up into the sky, with Cepheus and Cassiopoeia.The Heroes
Curious to say neither the Dragon nor Cepheus appears on the old Egyptian sphere.Astronomical Curiosities
J. Ellard Gore
Andromeda was the daughter of Cepheus, king of Ethiopia, and of Cassiope.The Lusiad
Lus de Cames
Cepheus is there too, but he p. 41is smaller, and less easy to find.Aunt Charlotte's Stories of Greek History
Charlotte M. Yonge
- a faint constellation in the N hemisphere near Cassiopeia and the Pole StarSee also Cepheid variable
Word Origin for Cepheus
- Greek myth a king of Ethiopia, father of Andromeda and husband of Cassiopeia
- A constellation in the Northern Hemisphere near Cassiopeia and Draco.