[choo k, chook]
- Australian. a hen.
- Slang. a woman.
- (used as a call for poultry or pigs.)
Also chook·ie [choo k-ee, choo-kee] /ˈtʃʊk i, ˈtʃu ki/.
Origin of chook
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- See jook
- Also called: chookie Australian informal a hen or chicken
- Australian informal a woman, esp a more mature one
- Australian a exclamation used to attract chickens
- he couldn't raffle a chook in a pub he is incapable of carrying out even the simplest of tasks
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012