- a past participle of choose.
- selected from several; preferred: my chosen profession.
- Theology. elect(def 9).
Examples from the Web for chosenness
Contemporary Examples of chosenness
Their chosenness seems self-evident, but rooted in their start as underdogs.Why Tim Tebow Is the Sarah Palin of Football
January 14, 2012
- the past participle of choose
- selected or picked out, esp for some special quality
- the official name for Korea when it was a Japanese province (1910–45)
"the elect, the select," especially those selected by God, c.1200, from past participle of choose (v.). Chosen people for "the Jews" is recorded from 1530s.