- a native or inhabitant of Circassia.
- a group of North Caucasian languages, including Kabardian.
- a literary language based on the western dialects of the Circassian group.
- of or relating to Circassia, its inhabitants, often with respect to their legendary beauty, or their language.
Origin of Circassian
Examples from the Web for circassian
Contemporary Examples of circassian
Communities were spilt into smaller and smaller units, while signs in villages warned against speaking Circassian in public areas.
“This is like having the Olympics in Auschwitz,” tweeted one young Circassian activist.
Historical Examples of circassian
He was wearing grey riding-breeches, a jacket and a Circassian cap.A Hero of Our Time
M. Y. Lermontov
The question of the Circassian is only the beginning, and not even the worst.Diary from November 12, 1862, to October 18, 1863
Of a sudden the wind lulled, and the Circassian righted from her careen.The Pirate and The Three Cutters
All festal occasions in Circassian life are enlivened by the presence of the minstrel.
As a wife she is faithful; for indeed the jealousy of a Circassian husband is not to be endured.
- relating to Circassia, its people, or language