- Also called electric circuit. the complete path of an electric current, including the generating apparatus, intervening resistors, or capacitors.
- any well-defined segment of a complete circuit.
verb (used with object)
verb (used without object)
Origin of circuit
Examples from the Web for circuit
And in September 2008, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit ordered the release of a 21-photo subset.The Detainee Abuse Photos Obama Didn’t Want You To See|Noah Shachtman, Tim Mak|December 15, 2014|DAILY BEAST
Take the case of Herx v. Diocese of Fort Wayne, an employment discrimination suit in the Seventh Circuit.Catholic Church: Religious Freedom Trumps Civil Rights|Jay Michaelson|November 23, 2014|DAILY BEAST
Most of the young trekkers traversing the circuit still find time to check their email and update their Facebook pages.
In the meantime, the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals is investigating the incident.
And this was how, on Aug. 11, Aaron Walker and his co-defendants ended up on the 9th floor of the Montgomery County circuit court.
A, B, C represent the circuit wires from the terminals of the window and door switches, to the annunciators.Electricity for Boys|J. S. Zerbe
From this decision Mr. Peyton shortly afterwards appealed to the Circuit Court, then the appellate tribunal in such cases.Memoir of John Howe Peyton|Various
A current indicator is inserted in the circuit consisting of a solenoid of nine turns.
This may be shown by a galvanometer put in the circuit before beginning the experiment.Things a Boy Should Know About Electricity|Thomas M. (Thomas Matthew) St. John
He cut in the circuit, and waited for the phone's TV screen to show the face of his caller.The Penal Cluster|Ivar Jorgensen (AKA Randall Garrett)
British Dictionary definitions for circuit
- a complete route or course, esp one that is curved or circular or that lies around an object
- the area enclosed within such a route
- a complete path through which an electric current can flow
- (as modifier)a circuit diagram
- a periodical journey around an area, as made by judges, salesmen, etc
- the route traversed or places visited on such a journey
- the persons making such a journey
- a series of tournaments in which the same players regularly take partthe international tennis circuit
- the circuit the contestants who take part in such a series