Origin of circumcision
Examples from the Web for circumcision
Contemporary Examples of circumcision
Dr. Morris likens circumcision to vaccination by comparing the risk to others caused by refusing either intervention.
Thus it was with some alarm that I read comments from the author of a new study about circumcision and its benefits.
Moreover, “a vaccine is highly specific, whereas the protective effects of circumcision cover a wide array of medical conditions.”
In 2012, the AAP changed its policy statement, discarding its neutral stance to weigh in heavily on the side of circumcision.
Circumcision is unusual only in that it leaves a physical mark.Do Circumcision Bans Protect Kids’ Rights, Or Infringe Upon Parents’?
February 2, 2014
Historical Examples of circumcision
I believe it is the place where the rite of circumcision is performed.Explorations in Australia
The circumcision is an example of the power of poetry to raise the low and offensive.Essays, Second Series
Ralph Waldo Emerson
They are going up to the city for the Mohammedan rite of circumcision.Out-of-Doors in the Holy Land
Henry Van Dyke
This embraced the Sabbath for circumcision, and the Sabbath were then the only laws, or statutes, or commandments written.
This could not be done in the first initiating ordinance of the church,—circumcision.Bertha and Her Baptism
- surgical removal of the foreskin of males
- surgical incision into the skin covering the clitoris in females
- removal of the clitoris
- the act of circumcision, performed as a religious rite by Jews and Muslims
- RC Church the festival celebrated on Jan 1 in commemoration of the circumcision of Jesus
Word Origin and History for circumcision
- The surgical removal of part or all of the prepuce.peritomy
- The cutting around an anatomical part.