- surrounded by or as if by a rampart.
- Anatomy. surrounded by a depression or wall-like ridge.
- to surround with or as if with a rampart.
Origin of circumvallate
Examples from the Web for circumvallate
Historical Examples of circumvallate
The circumvallate papill may also be enlarged, and the fungiform papill are sometimes very prominent and deeply congested.
In many of the fungiform and most of the circumvallate papillæ are peculiar structures called taste buds or taste goblets.A Practical Physiology
Albert F. Blaisdell
- (tr) to surround with a defensive fortification
Word Origin for circumvallate
- Surrounded by a ridge or wall-like structure.