- surrounded by or as if by a rampart.
- Anatomy. surrounded by a depression or wall-like ridge.
- to surround with or as if with a rampart.
Origin of circumvallate
Examples from the Web for circumvallation
Historical Examples of circumvallation
She had enclosed it within too strong a line of circumvallation.Fifty-Two Stories For Girls
They surrounded the unhappy Jews with a wall of circumvallation.Tent Work in Palestine
Claude Reignier Conder
Willinghegen is a small place one mile outside the circumvallation.Freaks of Fanaticism
My theory is also supported by the description of Titus' wall of circumvallation.Jerusalem Explored, Volume I--Text
The Barbarians had no need of a circumvallation on the side of Africa, for it was theirs.Salammbo
- (tr) to surround with a defensive fortification
Word Origin for circumvallate
- Surrounded by a ridge or wall-like structure.