- of, pertaining to, involving, or decided by competition: competitive sports; a competitive examination.
- well suited for competition; having a feature that makes for successful competition: a competitive price.
- having a strong desire to compete or to succeed.
- useful to a competitor; giving a competitor an advantage: He was careful not to divulge competitive information about his invention.
Origin of competitive
Related Words for competitiveaggressive, ambitious, cutthroat, vying, competing, antagonistic, combative, dog-eat-dog, killer, opposing, rival, emulous, streetwise
Examples from the Web for competitive
Contemporary Examples of competitive
In the process, we get straightjacketed into emotionally distant, competitive lives.How Good Dads Can Change the World
Gary Barker, PhD, Michael Kaufman
January 6, 2015
The follow-up story is how those who survived both the competitive onslaught, as well as the recession, have adapted.Best Buy Punches Back at Amazon
December 27, 2014
Moreover, uneducated Americans have a competitive advantage because of their fluency in English.The Case for More Low-Skill Immigration
Veronique de Rugy
December 7, 2014
Bereft of a competitive 2016 primary, Democrats are backing candidates for Clinton campaign manager.The Race to Be Hillary’s Karl Rove
November 26, 2014
“From the beginning they said they wanted to be competitive with HBO,” Trudeau says.Inside the Political Fun House: How ‘Alpha House’ Became Amazon’s First Big Hit
October 24, 2014
Historical Examples of competitive
We have never practiced the policy of competitive armaments.
It is not improbable that a competitive examination, at this day, might have excluded him from the army.Self-Help
Here the noise and clamor of competitive industry is stilled.The Unsolved Riddle of Social Justice
Men had yet to learn that railways could be co-operative as well as competitive.The Story of the Cambrian
C. P. Gasquoine
The competitive edge is provided by the intelligent use of data.The Civilization of Illiteracy
- involving or determined by rivalrycompetitive sports
- sufficiently low in price or high in quality to be successful against commercial rivals
- relating to or characterized by an urge to competea competitive personality