- to control, perform, process, or store (a system, operation, or information) by means of or in an electronic computer or computers.
- to equip with or automate by computers: to computerize a business.
- to make use of computers: The entire industry is expected to computerize by the end of the year.
Also especially British, com·put·er·ise.
Origin of computerize
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- (tr) to cause (certain operations) to be performed by a computer, esp as a replacement for human labour
- (intr) to install a computer
- (tr) to control or perform (operations within a system) by means of a computer
- (tr) to process or store (information) by means of or in a computer
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012