- to control, perform, process, or store (a system, operation, or information) by means of or in an electronic computer or computers.
- to equip with or automate by computers: to computerize a business.
- to make use of computers: The entire industry is expected to computerize by the end of the year.
Also especially British, com·put·er·ise.
Origin of computerize
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for computerize
As the firm grew bigger and moved to midtown Manhattan, it had to computerize its records to fake so many documents.Madoff Henchman Rats Out Co-Workers
Allan Dodds Frank
December 3, 2013
- (tr) to cause (certain operations) to be performed by a computer, esp as a replacement for human labour
- (intr) to install a computer
- (tr) to control or perform (operations within a system) by means of a computer
- (tr) to process or store (information) by means of or in a computer