- to bring to an end; finish; terminate: to conclude a speech with a quotation from the Bible.
- to say in conclusion: At the end of the speech he concluded that we had been a fine audience.
- to bring to a decision or settlement; settle or arrange finally: to conclude a treaty.
- to determine by reasoning; deduce; infer: They studied the document and concluded that the author must have been an eyewitness.
- to decide, determine, or resolve: He concluded that he would go no matter what the weather.
- to shut up or enclose.
- to restrict or confine.
- to come to an end; finish: The meeting concluded at ten o'clock.
- to arrive at an opinion or judgment; come to a decision; decide: The jury concluded to set the accused free.
Origin of conclude
Related Words for concludesend, complete, terminate, close, achieve, halt, make, accomplish, decide, confirm, establish, rule, determine, stop, clinch, crown, desist, cease, cinch, consummate
Examples from the Web for concludes
Contemporary Examples of concludes
The speech to the nation, which concludes Christmas dinner at homes up and down the country, has already been recorded.Could The Queen Abdicate on Christmas Day?
December 17, 2014
Second, conduct an investigation into yourself that concludes you did nothing wrong.Chris Christie Isn’t Out From Under Bridgegate Just Yet
September 22, 2014
[If] Judge Fuller concludes that he is morally incapable of continuing in that position, he will resign.The Ray Rice of Judges May Keep His Job
September 11, 2014
“In the case of autism, the early-life cerebellum might be a target for future intervention,” concludes Dr. Wang.Early Brain Injury Might Be the Root of Autism
September 7, 2014
“Everything I do seems to upset the people around me,” he concludes.An ISIS Killer in His Own Awful Words
September 3, 2014
Historical Examples of concludes
He then concludes that this agreement of results "shows that the answers are correct."A Tangled Tale
Whence he concludes that it is better at once to deny absolutely that there is any purgatory.The Phantom World
He concludes that they are descendants of the ancient Edomites.Byeways in Palestine
He concludes with some shorter prayer "prout animus tulerit."The Scottish Reformation
Alexander F. Mitchell
This concludes the description of all the wars of the Prophet.A Critical Exposition of the Popular 'Jihd'
Moulavi Gergh Ali
- (also intr) to come or cause to come to an end or conclusion
- (takes a clause as object) to decide by reasoning; deducethe judge concluded that the witness had told the truth
- to arrange finally; settleto conclude a treaty; it was concluded that he should go
- obsolete to confine