- able or meant to be consumed, as by eating, drinking, or using: consumable goods.
- liable to be used up or depleted: comsumable resources.
- Usually consumables. something that is produced to be consumed, as processed food or fuel.
Origin of consumable
Related Words for consumableaccessible, profitable, useful, expendable, convenient, functional, valuable, applicable, unused, adaptable, valid, serviceable, practical, advantageous, beneficial, current, exhaustible, fit, good, helpful
Examples from the Web for consumable
Historical Examples of consumable
Consequently a nation may become immensely rich by the constant exportation of specie and importation of consumable commodities.Four Introductory Lectures on Political Economy
Nassau W. Senior
Fleets and armies are maintained, not with gold and silver, but with consumable goods.
The rest must all be sent abroad, and exchanged for consumable goods of some kind or other.
Their expense is taxed, by taxing the consumable commodities upon which it is laid out.
Consumable commodities, whether necessaries or luxuries, may be taxed in two different ways.
- capable of being consumed
- (usually plural) goods intended to be bought and used; consumer goods