- an act or instance of working or acting together for a common purpose or benefit; joint action.
- more or less active assistance from a person, organization, etc.: We sought the cooperation of various civic leaders.
- willingness to cooperate: to indicate cooperation.
- Economics. the combination of persons for purposes of production, purchase, or distribution for their joint benefit: producers' cooperation; consumers' cooperation.
- Sociology. activity shared for mutual benefit.
- Ecology. mutually beneficial interaction among organisms living in a limited area.
Origin of cooperation
Related Words for cooperationservice, collaboration, partnership, unity, aid, assistance, participation, alliance, help, concurrence, synergy, society, conspiracy, concert, responsiveness, unanimity, union, cahoots, communion, harmony
Examples from the Web for cooperation
Contemporary Examples of cooperation
We ought to seek Chinese cooperation in a response to this North Korean act of aggression.Obama Could Hit China to Punish North Korea
Shane Harris, Tim Mak
December 20, 2014
Much can be accomplished even without the cooperation of a conservative Congress.The Liberation of the Lame Duck: Obama Goes Full Bulworth
December 19, 2014
The mantra in Washington is to “manage” differences with Beijing and find areas of cooperation.Sony Blames North Korea for Hacking, but Washington Left Them Completely Vulnerable
Gordon G. Chang
December 3, 2014
The cooperation with the Klezmatics was inspired, as the footage is silent.In Hands of Hungarian Artist, Jewish Home Movies of the ’30s a Warning of Coming Holocaust
October 25, 2014
Historically, Washington is not allergic to cooperation with devils.There’s Only One Way to Beat ISIS: Work With Assad and Iran
Leslie H. Gelb
October 18, 2014
Historical Examples of cooperation
We sense the call of the human heart for fellowship, fraternity, and cooperation.
All the work in which Larcher had enlisted Davenport's cooperation was done.The Mystery of Murray Davenport
Robert Neilson Stephens
Only don't forget what I asked you as the price of my cooperation.The Fortune of the Rougons
"What I want most, Colonel, is your cooperation," said the doctor suavely.Poisoned Air
Sterner St. Paul Meek
From his point of view your cooperation as yet was unnecessary.The Traitors
E. Phillips (Edward Phillips) Oppenheim
- joint operation or action
- assistance or willingness to assist
- economics the combination of consumers, workers, farmers, etc, in activities usually embracing production, distribution, or trade
- ecology beneficial but inessential interaction between two species in a community