- composed of coral or having the structure of coral: coralline limestone.
- coral-colored; reddish-yellow; light yellowish-red; pinkish-yellow.
- any red algae impregnated with lime.
- any of various corallike animals or calcareous algae.
Origin of coralline
Examples from the Web for coralline
Historical Examples of coralline
These atolls are of coralline formation and of irregular shape.
But from that time the animal nature of the coralline has never been doubted.The Ocean World:
Oftener, also, darker in the coralline than in the volcanic islands.The Natural History of the Varieties of Man
Robert Gordon Latham
Coral of extinct genus, from the inferior or coralline crag, Suffolk.A Manual of Elementary Geology
The material is the coralline rock common in this part of the island.A Trip to Cuba
Julia Ward Howe
- Also: coralloid of, relating to, or resembling coral
- of the colour of coral
- any of various red algae impregnated with calcium carbonate, esp any of the genus Corallina
- any of various animals that resemble coral, such as certain sponges