verb (used without object)
- to have an orgasm, especially to ejaculate or experience glandular lubrication of the vagina.
- to be overcome, as in rapturous admiration or delight.
verb (used with object)
- to beat or damage severely; lambaste.
- to defeat decisively.
- to accomplish, especially to pass (a test or course), with great ease and success: She creamed the math test, getting the highest grade in the class.
DO YOU KNOW THIS VOCABULARY FROM "THE HANDMAID'S TALE"?
Idioms for cream
Origin of cream
Words nearby cream
Example sentences from the Web for cream
In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.Make ‘The Chew’s’ Carla Hall’s Sticky Toffee Pudding|Carla Hall|December 28, 2014|DAILY BEAST
The oatmeal is served with brown sugar, butter and cream, blueberries and raisins.Spaghetti for Breakfast?! Not So Crazy at This Idaho Farm Café|Jane & Michael Stern|August 4, 2014|DAILY BEAST
Take potatoes, peal and use ricer, into bowl add milk, butter, and cream.Epic Meal Empire’s Meat Monstrosities: From the Bacon Spider to the Cinnabattleship|Harley Morenstein|July 26, 2014|DAILY BEAST
No army cook had encountered anything like Norman cream and eggs.
Icelanders, for example, have over two-dozen kinds of chocolate-covered liquorice, and the Japanese love their Cream Collon.How to Get Cheaper Tickets, Live Like a Local, and Other Great Travel Hacks|Brandon Presser|June 4, 2014|DAILY BEAST
This excellent cake requires no shortening, as cream is used.
It is important that the apples be very dry, as otherwise the cream will not be light.The Apple|Various
Miss Isobel started to pour the cream into the sugar-bowl, but caught herself in the act.Quin|Alice Hegan Rice
We both remarked on the deplorable weakness of the cream, and had a good laugh over the method of its manufacture.
Raw nut butter gives a fine flavor to this pure, cook it with the potatoes and use less or no cream.The Laurel Health Cookery|Evora Bucknum Perkins
British Dictionary definitions for cream
- the fatty part of milk, which rises to the top if the milk is allowed to stand
- (as modifier)cream buns
- a yellowish-white colour
- (as adjective)cream wallpaper