- the act of crossing over in style, usually with the intention of broadening the commercial appeal to a wider audience.
- music that crosses over in style, occasionally sharing attributes with several musical styles and therefore often appealing to a broader audience.
- a step in which dancers exchange places.
- a step involving partners in which the woman moves from one side of her partner to the other, crossing in front of him.
Origin of crossover
Examples from the Web for crossover
Contemporary Examples of crossover
Crossover performer and Pervout.com owner Lance Hart avoids some of the increased risk his fellow colleagues face.Risky Business or None of Your Business? Gay XXX Films and the Condom Question
November 1, 2014
The Family Guy pairing is only the first Simpsons crossover episode this season.The Griffins Go to Springfield: ‘The Simpsons’ and ‘Family Guy’ Collide
September 29, 2014
He also sounds better than the crossover children he helped conceive.I'm Not Country or Pop. I'm Just Pure Garth Brooks.
September 10, 2014
But in an interview with The Daily Beast, Leahy said the two efforts have no crossover.Is The Tea Party's Latest Move Illegal?
August 6, 2014
Do you have any idea where the Guardians may crossover with other characters and films in the Marvel Universe?‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Filmmaker James Gunn on His Glorious Space Opera and Rise to the A-List
August 3, 2014
Historical Examples of crossover
One day I was flying the lead plane and I called for a crossover.The Biography of a Rabbit
Car 56 flashed under a crossover and into a long, gentle curve.
Seven miles to the east, the amber warning lights went dark and the detour barrier at Crossover 85 sank back into the roadway.
- another term for crossing over
- a chromosomal structure or character resulting from crossing over