- a bridge or other structure for crossing over a river, highway, etc.
- Popular Music.
- the act of crossing over in style, usually with the intention of broadening the commercial appeal to a wider audience.
- music that crosses over in style, occasionally sharing attributes with several musical styles and therefore often appealing to a broader audience.
- Also called crossover voter. U.S. Politics. a member of one political party who votes for the candidate of another party in a primary.
- crossover network.
- Railroads. a track structure composed of two or more turnouts, permitting movement of cars from either of two parallel and adjacent tracks to the other.
- a step in which dancers exchange places.
- a step involving partners in which the woman moves from one side of her partner to the other, crossing in front of him.
- Bowling. a ball that strikes the side of the head pin opposite to the bowling hand of the bowler.
- (in plumbing) a U-shaped pipe for bypassing another pipe.
Origin of crossover
Examples from the Web for crossover
Contemporary Examples of crossover
Crossover performer and Pervout.com owner Lance Hart avoids some of the increased risk his fellow colleagues face.Risky Business or None of Your Business? Gay XXX Films and the Condom Question
November 1, 2014
The Family Guy pairing is only the first Simpsons crossover episode this season.The Griffins Go to Springfield: ‘The Simpsons’ and ‘Family Guy’ Collide
September 29, 2014
He also sounds better than the crossover children he helped conceive.I'm Not Country or Pop. I'm Just Pure Garth Brooks.
September 10, 2014
But in an interview with The Daily Beast, Leahy said the two efforts have no crossover.Is The Tea Party's Latest Move Illegal?
August 6, 2014
Do you have any idea where the Guardians may crossover with other characters and films in the Marvel Universe?‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Filmmaker James Gunn on His Glorious Space Opera and Rise to the A-List
August 3, 2014
Historical Examples of crossover
One day I was flying the lead plane and I called for a crossover.The Biography of a Rabbit
Car 56 flashed under a crossover and into a long, gentle curve.
Seven miles to the east, the amber warning lights went dark and the detour barrier at Crossover 85 sank back into the roadway.
- a place at which a crossing is made
- another term for crossing over
- a chromosomal structure or character resulting from crossing over
- railways a point of transfer between two main lines
- short for crossover network
- a recording, book, or other product that becomes popular in a genre other than its own
- (of music, fashion, art, etc) combining two distinct styles
- (of a performer, writer, recording, book, etc) having become popular in more than one genre