- the act of crossing over in style, usually with the intention of broadening the commercial appeal to a wider audience.
- music that crosses over in style, occasionally sharing attributes with several musical styles and therefore often appealing to a broader audience.
- a step in which dancers exchange places.
- a step involving partners in which the woman moves from one side of her partner to the other, crossing in front of him.
Origin of crossover
Examples from the Web for crossover
Crossover performer and Pervout.com owner Lance Hart avoids some of the increased risk his fellow colleagues face.Risky Business or None of Your Business? Gay XXX Films and the Condom Question|Aurora Snow|November 1, 2014|DAILY BEAST
The Family Guy pairing is only the first Simpsons crossover episode this season.The Griffins Go to Springfield: ‘The Simpsons’ and ‘Family Guy’ Collide|Rich Goldstein|September 29, 2014|DAILY BEAST
He also sounds better than the crossover children he helped conceive.I'm Not Country or Pop. I'm Just Pure Garth Brooks.|David Masciotra|September 10, 2014|DAILY BEAST
But in an interview with The Daily Beast, Leahy said the two efforts have no crossover.
Do you have any idea where the Guardians may crossover with other characters and films in the Marvel Universe?‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Filmmaker James Gunn on His Glorious Space Opera and Rise to the A-List|Marlow Stern|August 3, 2014|DAILY BEAST
One day I was flying the lead plane and I called for a crossover.The Biography of a Rabbit|Roy Benson
Car 56 flashed under a crossover and into a long, gentle curve.
Seven miles to the east, the amber warning lights went dark and the detour barrier at Crossover 85 sank back into the roadway.
British Dictionary definitions for crossover
- another term for crossing over
- a chromosomal structure or character resulting from crossing over