- consisting of or bounded by curved lines: a curvilinear figure.
- forming or moving in a curved line.
- formed or characterized by curved lines.
Origin of curvilinear
Related Words for curvilineararced, arched, arciform, bending, bent, bowed, rounded, arching, arcuate
Examples from the Web for curvilinear
Contemporary Examples of curvilinear
Silvestre Varela was hurtling toward the U.S. goal when Ronaldo fed him a pass of curvilinear purity.Team USA 2, Portugal 2: Seconds Away From World Cup Glory
June 23, 2014
Historical Examples of curvilinear
There are the degrees of direction of line, curvilinear or angular.
The same principle is true of designs upon the curvilinear plan.
It would be the same with the quadrature of curvilinear areas.The philosophy of mathematics
Who can decide between rectilinear and curvilinear geometry?The Works of Honor de Balzac
Honor de Balzac
Who shall decide between rectalinear and curvilinear geometry?Seraphita
Honore de Balzac
- consisting of, bounded by, or characterized by a curved line
- along a curved linecurvilinear motion
- maths (of a set of coordinates) determined by or determining a system of three orthogonal surfaces
Word Origin and History for curvilinear
- Formed, bounded, or characterized by curved lines.