- money, especially when reserved for some special use.
Origin of cush
- the eldest son of Ham. Gen. 10:6.
- an area mentioned in the Bible, sometimes identified with Upper Egypt.
- Kingdom of, an ancient African state in this area; part of the region of Nubia (1000 b.c.–a.d. 350).
Examples from the Web for cush
Historical Examples of cush
Nimrod was the son of Cush, grandson of Ham, and great-grandson of Noah.Mysticism and its Results
The occasion of it is said to be "the words of Cush the Benjamite."The Life of David
Cush is, throughout the Bible, the word translated Ethiopia.The Rand-McNally Bible Atlas
Jesse L. Hurlbut
Assurbanipal boasts that he pursued Urdamane as far as the land of Cush.The History of Antiquity
The locality of the land of Cush has long been a much-vexed question.
- the son of Ham and brother of Canaan (Genesis 10:6)
- the country of the supposed descendants of Cush (ancient Ethiopia), comprising approximately Nubia and the modern Sudan, and the territory of southern (or Upper) Egypt