- Caleb,1800–79, U.S. statesman and diplomat.
- Harvey (Williams),1869–1939, U.S. surgeon and author.
- Richard James,1895–1970, U.S. Roman Catholic clergyman: cardinal 1958–70; archbishop of Boston 1944–70.
Examples from the Web for cushing
Contemporary Examples of cushing
Dolan was seen wearing a Green Bay Packers "cheesehead" hat in Milwaukee, but he is no Cushing.Catholics' Clueless New Leader
November 20, 2010
Moments later, Cardinal Cushing stepped forward to read the prayers of interment.
Taking our cue, Cardinal Cushing and I approached Mrs. Kennedy to offer our final words of condolence.
Historical Examples of cushing
Miss Cushing was sitting in the front room, into which we were ushered.
"Come along, if you're going out with us," Darrin urged Cushing.
I was delighted when I learned that Cushing had been assaulted and robbed.
Again Mr. Cushing's "What possible chance can the South now have?"The Supplies for the Confederate Army
This was the third night in the river, and Cushing prepared to return.The Naval History of the United States
Willis J. Abbot.
- Harvey Williams. 1869–1939, US neurosurgeon: identified a pituitary tumour as a cause of the disease named after him
- American surgeon known for his innovations in the field of neurosurgery and for his studies of the pituitary gland.