- attractive, especially in a dainty way; pleasingly pretty: a cute child; a cute little apartment.
- appealing and delightful; charming: What a cute toy!
- affectedly or mincingly pretty or clever; precious: The child has acquired some intolerably cute mannerisms.
- mentally keen; clever; shrewd.
- the cutes, Informal. self-consciously cute mannerisms or appeal; affected coyness: The young actress has a bad case of the cutes.
- meet cute, Informal.
- (of a romantic couple) to meet for the first time in a charming or amusing way: In this type of movie the boy and girl always meet cute.
- Also meet-cute.a situation or occasion when potential romantic partners meet for the first time in a charming or amusing way: a classic Hollywood meet cute; his meet-cute with Jane in the bookstore.
Origin of cute
Examples from the Web for cutest
Contemporary Examples of cutest
Available at Rose Fitzgerald Kane, $55 With this bag, your little one may just be the cutest in the class.The Daily Beast’s 2014 Holiday Gift Guide: For the Angelina Jolie in Your Life
November 29, 2014
Part of creating that environment was an informal dress code: The cutest outfit you had.Inside Hollywood’s ‘Twink’ Pool Parties
April 19, 2014
From Adele Dazeem to the cutest polar bear cub in the world, take a look at this week's best viral videos.Adele Dazeem Sings, RT Anchor Quits, and More Viral Videos
The Daily Beast Video
March 8, 2014
But these clips—from our interview with cutest cat ever Lil Bub to the new ‘Hunger Games’ trailer—might get you smiling again.Amanda Bynes, Daft Punk, Mark Wahlberg & More Viral Videos
The Daily Beast Video
April 20, 2013
Because this video of An Old Lady Meeting Jay-Z may truly be the cutest thing ever.An Old People’s Guide to Jay-Z
December 5, 2012
Historical Examples of cutest
Gee, Doctor Parris, isn't he just the cutest dog you ever saw?Old Mr. Wiley
Fanny Greye La Spina
That girl of his is the cutest kid in Indiana, and I wouldn't do anything to hurt her.Otherwise Phyllis
But the cutest trick they learned was that of waiting on the table.True Bear Stories
"It's one of the cutest things of the kind I've seen," said the American.For the Allinson Honor
That cart we are going to sleep in is just the cutest thing.The Corner House Girls on a Tour
Grace Brooks Hill
- appealing or attractive, esp in a pretty way
- mainly US informal sexually attractive
- informal affecting cleverness or prettiness
- clever; shrewd
Word Origin for cute
Word Origin and History for cutest
1731, "clever," shortening of acute; informal sense of "pretty" is 1834, American English student slang. Related: Cuteness.